WHAT TO EXPECT
A full day to experience firsthand some of Tuscany's most breathtaking towns, where photo opportunities are around every corner.
ADULT (age 8+): Euro 159.00
CHILD (age 3-8): Euro 99.00
INFANT (age under 3 who sit on parent's lap): FREE
Discover Siena, Tuscany's second most important art city. Upon arrival in Siena, your local guide will meet you and take you on a walk through the town's picturesque narrow streets. See the Church of San Domenico, the interior of the magnificent Cathedral and the shell-shaped Piazza del Campo, a brick-paved square where the famous Palio horserace is held. After the tour, you'll have some free time to enjoy Siena at your own pace.
On the way to San Gimignano, short photo stop in Monteriggioni, an absolutely tiny walled fortress on top of a hill, surrounded by olive trees and vines.
TUSCAN WINERY LUNCH
Next stop is at a family owned wine estate located in the typical Tuscan landscape and with amazing views of vines and olive trees. Here you will have time to relax and enjoy a proper Tuscan lunch that gives you a taste of country hospitality. The menu includes assorted cold cuts, cured ham, salami, cheeses, bruschetta, pasta, or soup, salad, dessert and coffee, accompanied by the winery's own excellent wine, olive oil and vin santo (sweet dessert wine).
After lunch, with an easy drive, we will reach San Gimignano, where you will finish your day in complete relax. Famous for its splendid skyline of tall Medieval towers, here you will have free time to explore the main street full of typical shops, have a look at the "Collegiata" (main church), or enjoy a gelato!
Due to the very small group size (max 8 people) we are not able to offer any discount for students, children, seniors, etc.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Group size limited to MAX 16 participants: no crowds, no rush and more personalized experience.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- A fun and informative English speaking driver to lead you through the day.
- Transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped vehicle (Mercedes Benz or similar make)
- Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
- Guided tour of Siena with local guide, including entrance fees to Siena Cathedral (replaced with San Domenico Church on Sundays or when the Cathedral is closed) and free time to enjoy Siena on your own.
- Photo stop in Monteriggioni
- Delicious lunch with assorted cold cuts, cured ham, salami, cheeses, bruschetta, pasta, or soup, salad, dessert, coffee, 4/5 different wines, 3/4 different, olive oils and Vin Santo (sweet dessert wine).
- Free time to visit San Gimignano at your own pace
- A booklet about Siena and San Gimignano
THINGS TO NOTE
- Gratuities, optional and entirely at the client's discretion
- Hotel Pick-up/drop off
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before departure time, at the latest
- Vegetarian menu can be catered for, upon request at time of booking
- The tour is very easy: short walking ad a few stairs, however due to uneven surfaces and stairs to access the cellars the tour is not suitable for people with wheelchair
- The tour runs, rain or shine, with a minimum of 4 participants (adults)
- Tour is in English only; you will not listen the same things in 4 different languages
April 2017 to October 2017 – daily (7/7)
November 2017 to March 2018: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
The meeting point is inside the Florence Santa Maria Novella Train Station, in front of platform nr. 15.
Detailed map, will be sent to you with your confirmation voucher, along with all of our contacts, in case you need further clarifications.
- No fees for cancellations up to 7 days before tour date
- Cancellations between 3 and 6 day in advance are subject to a 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations within 48 hours or less or no show are subject to a 100% cancellation fee