DO THIS BECAUSE
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Discover the world famous Chianti wine region
- See the most beautiful postcard views of Tuscany
- Visit 3 different wineries; taste and compare excellent wines, olive oil etc
- Savor a fresh lunch of authentic Tuscan specialties
- See Greve in Chianti a typical village of the Tuscan countryside
- Small group ensures a more intimate experience
Discover the real essence of the Tuscan countryside, driving through rolling hills, vineyards, olive trees and old farms. You will see the famous village of Greve in Chianti, you will have a guided visit to 3 of the best wine estate, you will enjoy a genuine Tuscan lunch, and you will taste and compare different wines, olive oil and other typical products. This unique experience is a must for expert wine lovers and novices alike
ADULT (age 8+): Euro 129.00
CHILD (age 3-8): Euro 79.00
VISIT TO THE FIRST WINERY + WINE TASTING
Driving to the south direction, through the Tuscan countryside you will reach the first wine estate where you'll start to learn about all the wine making process, aging, etc., visiting the farm, seeing the old wine cellars, and satisfying all of your curiosity; after the visit, it's time to taste to verify your new learning.
VISIT TO THE SECOND WINERY + WINE TASTING AND LUNCH
Following the main wine road and driving through idyllic sceneries, you will reach another selected hilltop winery, where a wine expert is waiting for you to share his knowledge and passion about wine, with all of the facts and anecdotes behind this product, so important for the region.
Start an informative guided tour of the old wine cellars where you will learn all of the secrets to make a very good and genuine wine; after the visit it is the right time to eat and drink to better understand the real country hospitality; you will taste assorted cold cuts, cured ham, salami, cheeses, bruschetta, pasta (usually handmade pasta), and dessert, accompanied by the winery's own excellent wines. Nothing's rushed, so you'll have the time to relax and enjoy.
STOP IN GREVE IN CHIANTI
After lunch, driving along one of the most scenic wine roads in the world, that winds between olive groves and vineyards, you will reach Greve in Chianti, the most representative village of the Chianti Classico countryside, birthplace of the famous Tuscan explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano, the man who discovered the New York Harbor. Here, you will have some free time to admire the attractive main square with its famed local shops housed under graceful porticoes.
VISIT TO THE THIRD WINERY + WINE TASTING
Last stop, to complete this wonderful wine and food experience, that will enrich your personal knowledge about the Tuscan traditions, will be at the third winery, where you will visit the property, including the cellars, and taste their products such as wine, and olive oil.
This stop will be a very good chance to complete your overview about the Tuscan wines, and better understand the difference between the products and the philosophy of 3 wine makers of this area.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Small group (average group size 6/8 people, max 16 participants): NO crowds, NO rush and more personalized experience.
- Departure from a centrally located meeting point
- A professional and informative English speaking driver/guide to lead you through the day.
- Transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped vehicle (Mercedes Benz or similar make)
- Free wi-fi on board
- Visit of 3 different wineries, including guided tour of the wine cellars, tasting of great wines, olive oil, and more
- Delicious lunch with assorted cold cuts, cured ham, salami, cheeses, bruschetta, pasta (usually handmade pasta), and dessert, accompanied by the winery's own excellent wines.
- Short stop in Greve in Chianti
THINGS TO NOTE
- Gratuities, optional and entirely at the client's discretion
- Hotel Pick-up/drop off
From April 1 to October 31
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time, at the latest
- Vegetarian menu can be catered for, upon request at time of booking
- The tour is very easy: short walking ad a few stairs, however due to uneven surfaces and stairs to access the cellars the tour is not suitable for people with wheelchair
- The tour runs, rain or shine, with a minimum of 4 participants (adults)
- Tour is in English only; you will not listen the same things in 3 or more different languages
– Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: 9:00am
From November 1 to March 31
- Tuesday, Thursday: 9:00am
8 hours (approx.)
The meeting point is PIAZZALE MONTELUNGO BUS TERMINAL (the bus terminal of the Florence SMN train station).
Click here to see how to get there
Detailed map and contacts will be included in your confirmation voucher.
EASY CANCELLATION POLICY
- No fees for cancellations up to 72 hours prior to tour departure
- No fees for date changes up to 24 hours prior to tour departure (according to our last