Naples Port: tours to Positano, Amalfi and Ravello
From your ship in Naples port you'll drive along the breathtaking Amalfi Coast to Positano and, descending the winding one-way road, bypassing many local restaurants, we get to the heart of the town - the busy central Piazza dei Mulini that is connected to a narrow downhill path and a few flights of steps that lead to the seafront.
All streets leading to the waterfront are for pedestrians only so we must drop you off at the Piazza dei Mulini. The only way to reach restaurants situated on the beach that serve fish that have been caught the same morning, such as La Cambusa and Chez Black, is to go by foot! These streets also lead to the cathedral, shops selling ceramics, lemons, shoes and “Positano fashion” clothing. Positano is alive at night as well as during the day with exotic nightclubs such as “Music on the Rocks” and various bars and cafés that remain open until the sun begins to rise over the horizon. There is a short walk back uphill in order to return to the car.
The coastal road continues through the fishing villages of Praiano, Furore and Conca dei Marini, and continues until it reaches a busy square of Amalfi situated upon the seafront - the port and a long stretch pebbled beach. In front of the port of Amalfi is the one and only bus station along the coast. Behind this square is where the main shopping street of Amalfi commences, that terminates at the furthest and highest point of the town. Along this pedestrian street are various bars and cafés, not to mention the many shops selling limoncello, casual clothing, swimwear, gifts, basic groceries, and of course, ceramics. However, if one would like to see more than just shops, Amalfi has some interesting sights to explore: the most spectacular cathedral along the coast, the paper factory and its museum.
There are also some highly recommended local restaurants, such as Lido Azzurro, Ciccio Cielo Mare e Terra or Il Pesce d'oro, that serve only local cuisine (in particular, fish), otherwise, for the more refined type, there is the restaurant La Caravella that holds one Michelin star. A slow uphill drive along a very narrow road passing several wineries and olive factories etc., leads to Ravello, a rural village unspoiled by tourism, perched on top of the mountain cliff situated above Amalfi and Minori.
Ravello, being famous for its breath-taking views, natural beauty and ancient monuments are presented at their best in the gardens of Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo. In high season, these gardens are rich in sweet secants of blooming flowers, shadows of flora and perfume of lemons. Apart from the main cathedral, also situated in the square, and a history museum constructed in the basement of the cathedral, there are many other churches to visit given that there used to be a total of over 13 churches in the village.
Along the narrow arcade of Via Roma one will find a few small boutiques, and scattered around the vicinity are some traditional local restaurants with a cuisine quite different from those close to the sea; Cumpà Cosimo, Da Salvatore, Villa Maria, Villa Amore, etc., are all exceptional.
In the afternoon, return to Naples port on perfect time to board your ship.
The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour.
- Never miss the ship + no worry refund/cancellation policy (read more)
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
Prices per party (NOT PER PERSON)
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
Party of 1-2 people EURO 490
Party of 3-4 people EURO 550
Party of 5-6 people EURO 600
Party of 7-8 people EURO 650
Party of 9+ people ASK US
Availability and schedule
Daily (all year round)Pick up/drop off location:
Your ship gangway (your driver will be waiting for you on the pier, holding a sign with your name on it).
Departure time (customizable to suit your needs and your ship schedule):
9 hours (approx.)
Things to note:
The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Cash payment on the day: the payment will be made cash (Euro currency) at the end of the day, directly to your driver. During the booking procedure you will provide your credit card details just to guarantee your booking (no charge will be made). If you need to get some cash from an ATM, please let your driver knows before the end of the service.
- Payment by credit card at time of booking: credit card payment must be made at the time of booking because drivers cannot accept credit card payments on the day. Please advise us at the time of reservation.
for shore excursions we highly recommend the cash payment option, because in case your ship will not dock in port due to weather conditions, itinerary change, etc. you don't need to pay the bank fees necessary to refund you the total pre-paid amount.
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)