Naples Port excursions: tours to Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento
Your driver will pick you up directly at your ship in Port and driving through the coastal road you will reach Sorrento. From here you'll have the chance to admire spectacular views of the entire bay of Naples and the Island of Capri.
Once in the center of the town you'll see the shopping area for the local people as well as tourists, with many shops Sorrento seemed to inherit the traditional Neapolitan pizza from their neighboring city, therefore the Pizzeria’s in town are highly recommended, otherwise, the famous restaurant Don Alfonso that holds 3 Michelin stars, is located in the nearby village of Sant’Agata.
Sorrento, also being a city from the past, has an interesting history museum “Correale di Terranova” that can be visited in the morning. Driving down-hill directly through Positano descending the winding one-way road, bypassing many local restaurants, leads to the heart of the town - the busy central Piazza dei Mulini that is connected to a narrow downhill path and some occasional flights of steps that lead to the seafront. At Piazza dei Mulini, you must leave the car as all streets leading to the waterfront are for pedestrians only. The only way to reach restaurants situated on the beach that serve fish that have been pulled out of the sea the same morning, such as La Cambusa and Chez Black, is to go by foot! These streets also lead to the cathedral, shops selling ceramics, lemons, shoes and “Positano fashion” clothing.
Positano is alive at night as well as during the day with exotic nightclubs such as “Music on the Rocks” and various bars and cafés that remain open until the sun begins to rise over the horizon. There is a short walk back uphill in order to return to the car and this time, ascending the mountain, returning to the main coastal road that leads to Amalfi. The coastal road begins after Sorrento, runs through Positano, the fishing villages of Praiano, Furore and Conca dei Marini, and continues until it reaches the busy square of Amalfi which is situated on the seafront - the port and a long stretch of pebbled beach. In front of the port of Amalfi, there is the one and only bus station along the coast. Behind this square lies the main shopping street of Amalfi, that terminates at the furthest and highest point of the town. Along the pedestrian street are various bars and cafés, not to mention the many shops selling limoncello, casual clothing, swimwear, gifts, basic groceries, and of course, ceramics. However, if one would like to see more than just shops, Amalfi has some interesting sights to explore: the most spectacular cathedral along the coast, the paper factory and its museum.
There are also some highly recommended local restaurants, such as Lido Azzurro, Ciccio Cielo Mare e Terra or Il Pesce d’oro, that serve only local cuisine (in particular, fish dishes), otherwise, for the more refined type, there is the restaurant La Caravella that holds one Michelin star.
The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour.
- Never miss the ship + no worry refund/cancellation policy (read more)
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
Prices per party (NOT PER PERSON)
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
Party of 1-2 people EURO 490
Party of 3-4 people EURO 550
Party of 5-6 people EURO 600
Party of 7-8 people EURO 650
Party of 9+ people ASK US
Availability and schedule
Daily (all year round)Pick up/drop off location:
Your ship gangway (your driver will be waiting for you on the pier, holding a sign with your name on it).
Departure time (customizable to suit your needs and your ship schedule):
9 hours (approx.)
Things to note:
The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Cash payment on the day: the payment will be made cash (Euro currency) at the end of the day, directly to your driver. During the booking procedure you will provide your credit card details just to guarantee your booking (no charge will be made). If you need to get some cash from an ATM, please let your driver knows before the end of the service.
- Payment by credit card at time of booking: credit card payment must be made at the time of booking because drivers cannot accept credit card payments on the day. Please advise us at the time of reservation.
for shore excursions we highly recommend the cash payment option, because in case your ship will not dock in port due to weather conditions, itinerary change, etc. you don't need to pay the bank fees necessary to refund you the total pre-paid amount.
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)