La Spezia Port excursions: tours to Pisa and Florence
After having met your driver at the cruiser terminal in La Spezia, sit back and enjoy your drive through the Tuscan countryside towards Florence. Driving up the beautiful Viale dei Colli, we reach the marvelous terrace called Piazzale Michelangelo (named after the artist who sculpted the original David statue). Here you get the most impressive view of the city.
Nearby you can also see the white and green marble façade of the S. Miniato al Monte church - one of the purest examples of the Florentine Romanesque style. After leaving the church, we follow an uphill road, bordered by the ancient city walls, until we reach Forte Belvedere, built around 1590 by the Grand-duke Ferdinand to protect the Medici villas. Driving down from the Fort, passing the old gate to the city, the Porta Romana, we come Pitti Palace, which hosts many galleries and museums (Gallery of Modern Art, Costume Gallery, Palatine Gallery, Royal Apartments, Coach Museum, Silver and Porcelain museums, etc) and a magnificent park called the Boboli Gardens. Next we head for the city center, to the Piazza della Repubblica, surrounded by the historical literary cafés, where long ago important intellectuals gathered together. Following the Via De'Calzaiuoli, which connects Piazza del Duomo (S. Maria del Fiore, the Baptistery, Giotto's Bell tower) to Piazza Signoria (Palazzo Vecchio, Uffizi, etc.) you will be able to admire the best masterpieces of Renaissance art, breathing in the magical atmosphere that only Florence can offer.
Our driver, completely at your disposition, will be more than happy to take you to Piazza Santa Croce to visit the Santa Croce church, where many famous Italians are buried, and then take a must-deserved rest, or to the elegant Ponte Vecchio, meaning "old bridge", dates back to 1345, when it was built to replace a bridge that was swept away by a horrible flood; today, the bridge is visited by many tourists, and is home to gold and jewelry vendors. For the shopping lovers or the hungry soul, there are also many shops and "trattoria" to dive into, so everyone in the group can satisfy their desires whether it be a smart leather jacket, or a scrumptious plate of pasta!
Few cities of comparable size can boast such a profusion and variety of high quality goods with Italian design. The most important street for shopping is Via De' Tornabuoni with designer boutiques like Prada, Gucci, Armani, Ferragamo, Valentino, Vuitton, Damiani, Cartier, Trussardi, Eleuteri, Buccellati, Coveri, Versace, Tiffany, YSL, Zegna, Desmo, Chopard, Tod's, Cavalli etc. We can also see what the local craftsmen have to offer in the small local workshops in the Santa Croce or Santo Spirito neighborhoods, or practice your bargaining skills at the San Lorenzo outdoor market.
In the afternoon, you will leave Florence and enjoy the 50 minute drive to the university town of Pisa where you will have a brief stop by the Field of Miracles for photographs and to marvel at the exterior of the Campanile, better known as the Leaning Tower. This famous Bell Tower leans over 16 feet out of perpendicular! Efforts to stabilize the building are made constantly together with a continued monitoring process of the structure.
Time permitting, you will also see Lungarno and Cavalieri Square. After your tour of Pisa, relax on the 50 minutes transfer back to your ship in La Spezia.
Important!! If you are interested in the Accademia Museum (David) and/or the Uffizi Gallery, please advise us at the time of the booking so we can provide you the skip the line tickets in order to avoid waiting in lines and maximize your time.
The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour.
- Never miss the ship + no worry refund/cancellation policy (read more)
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
Prices per party (NOT PER PERSON)
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
Party of 1-2 people EURO 590
Party of 3-4 people EURO 650
Party of 5-6 people EURO 700
Party of 7-8 people EURO 750
Party of 9+ people ASK US
Availability and schedule
Daily (all year round)Pick up/drop off location:
Your ship gangway (your driver will be waiting for you on the pier, holding a sign with your name on it).
Departure time (customizable to suit your needs and your ship schedule):
9 hours (approx.)
Things to note:
The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Cash payment on the day: the payment will be made cash (Euro currency) at the end of the day, directly to your driver. During the booking procedure you will provide your credit card details just to guarantee your booking (no charge will be made). If you need to get some cash from an ATM, please let your driver knows before the end of the service.
- Payment by credit card at time of booking: credit card payment must be made at the time of booking because drivers cannot accept credit card payments on the day. Please advise us at the time of reservation.
for shore excursions we highly recommend the cash payment option, because in case your ship will not dock in port due to weather conditions, itinerary change, etc. you don't need to pay the bank fees necessary to refund you the total pre-paid amount.
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)