Our small group shared shore excursions are comfortable, exclusive and best of all - they are for only up to eight passengers. You will receive all the special care and attention of a private shore excursion but at a lower cost to you. This is the most economical way to visit Florence and Pisa without having to crowd into a huge bus with another 50 passengers at the port of Livorno. All you need to do is to board your luxury vehicle and depart for Florence and Pisa! Best of all, with our vehicles you will be able to access the city center, therefore minimizing walking and maximizing the time you will have for your shore excursion!
Below is a typical schedule that will give you an idea on how we run the Pisa and Florence small group tour from Livorno. Changes in the itinerary can be made directly with your driver on the day of your tour but only if ALL THE GROUP PARTICIPANTS AGREE. The order of the sightseeing stops may change according to traffic conditions. You will receive a confirmation voucher and all the details of your tour in order to fully enjoy the day.
- Meet your driver on the pier, close to your ship gangway and depart to Pisa
- arrive in Pisa; the driver will drop you off right under the Leaning Tower (20 meters away). Time to see Leaning Tower, the Cathedral, the Baptistery, the cemetery and the old City Walls. [45 minutes stop]
- arrive in Florence (drive past San Miniato al Monte Church) first stop will be at Michelangelo Square the most beautiful view of Florence; here the driver will give you an orientation/description of the main sites of the city. [15 minutes stop]
- arrive in Florence downtown and stop in Santa Croce Square (the leather district of Florence) [45 minutes stop]
- Stop at Galleria dell’Accademia (original David), only for people with pre-purchased tickets, requested at the time of the booking) [45 minutes stop]
[Please note: if you are not interested in visit the Accademia, the driver will bring you directly to the next stop]
- Stop in Repubblica Square, the most centrally located area of Florence and the best option for shopping, lunch, sightseeing, etc. [2 hours and 30 minutes stop]
From here the walking distances for the other highlights of Florence are the following:
- Cathedral, Baptistery, Giotto’s Bell Tower - 30 seconds
- Most famous designer boutiques district - 2 minutes
- Saint Lorenzo Market (largest open-air market in Florence) - 2 minutes
- Old Bridge (Ponte Vecchio) - 3 minutes
- Signoria Square/Palazzo Vecchio (Town Hall)/ Loggia dei Lanzi - 3 minutes
- Uffizi Gallery - 3 minutes
- Pitti Palace (Gallery of Modern Art, Costume Gallery, Palatine Gallery, Royal Apartments, Silver and Porcelain museums, Boboli Gardens, etc.) - 5 minutes
- meet your driver at the pre-arranged meeting point (clearly stated also on the city map you will receive before to start to explore Florence on your own)
Obviously your English speaking driver will give information and commentary of what you are seeing during the tour, and before to drop you off in Florence he will be happy to answer all of your questions, give you suggestions for shopping, lunch, sightseeing, etc. and every type of assistance.
Skip the line tickets for the attractions for this itinerary:
Leaning Tower of Pisa
: it is NOT POSSIBLE TO CLIMB THE TOWER
because this activity requires more than one hour and not all the participants may be interested in spending this time in Pisa.
Accademia Gallery (original David)
in Florence (Euro 22.00 per person - not refundable/changeable): we can pre-purchase the tickets for you. Please fill in the appropriate field during the reservation process. If you prefer to buy them on your own, you must go with the 12:00pm time slot, as first choice; if this time is not available the alternative time must be between 12:00pm and 2:00pm.
Uffizi Gallery in Florence:
we highly recommend do not reserve this attraction because a standard visit to the Uffizi takes at least 1.5/2 hours. However if this is something essential for you, during the reservation specify it in the field “note”. If you prefer to buy them on your own you must choose the entrance time between 1:15pm and 1:45pm.Close